Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday, July 6th, 2149

I use to have more brothers and sisters. Last night I dreamt of one. It was a few weeks after we first found this place and we were being chased by them. I heard a click and instantly knew our day was fucked. He stopped as soon as he heard it, but I knew that as soon as he picked his foot up he would be dead. They were closing in on us, and he looked at me. It seemed like forever but it was maybe half a second at the most. Karren and Judas were maybe 100 yards off still running. Dawn was by my side tearing up. 'Go' he said 'just go'. I stared into his eyes for eternity, Dawn was absolutely losing it. I start to run, but Dawn doesn't budge. He takes his foot off the mine and the whole earth shakes. I look back and Dawn is still standing there. They are maybe 50 feet away, my brother and sister now 150 yards. I ran to her and grabbed her. I put her on my shoulders and ran as fast as I could.

By time we get back 'home' I am absolutely covered in blood. I thought it was my brothers. I lay Dawn down to discover she is covered in shrapnel. There must of been 15 places where she was penetrated by it. It was then when I started crying. I had been with Hope since before I can remember. I thought I lost her that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment